50 Ways to Maximize Your Weight Loss!
1. Drink one pint of cold water when you wake up. This kick-starts your metabolism.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Having breakfast tells your body that it’s day time again, and that there is no need to slow the metabolism (since you’re not sleeping)
3. Use cinnamon. Add it to an apple, or any dessert, because it’s the perfect spice to speed up the metabolism.
4. Eat spicy foods. The spicier your food, the ore calories it takes to digest, making it “lower in calories” than food without spice.
5. Drink green tea. It’ll boost your metabolism, is high in antioxidants, and is caffeine free.
6. Stop eating 3 hours before bed. Your metabolism is at its lowest when you’re sleeping, making it harder to digest and burn those heavier calories.
7. Do yoga. Not only does it help you lose weight, but you’ll be more flexible and feel more energized.
8. Metabolism is better in the morning. Do your exercise and heavier eating in the morning, which will help maximize how much you burn off.
9. Don’t just stick to cardio. Include strength training as well. Building lean muscle will help you lose fatty bits quicker. This will also help prevent loose skin.
10. Don’t starve yourself. Your body will reach starvation mode and slow the metabolism down in order to hold onto as many calories as possible.
11. Eat wholemeal foods. This include pasta, cereal, and bread. These keep your sustained for longer, and you’ll find yourself consuming less “empty calories”.
12. Avoid very restrictive diets. Don’t go on a diet that leaves you feeling hungry and craving certain things, because you’ll just binge. Instead find a diet that lets you eat some of your favorites in moderation.
13. Build the healthy habits. Don’t stop eating well after you reach your goal.
14. Read labels. Keep an eye on the serving size, sodium content, fat, fiber, and protein.
15. Tell people. If your friends are aware of your changes, they’ll be less likely to suggest McDonald’s for lunch. You may even be surprised at the support you’ll receive!
16. Set realistic goals. Expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week, a bit more when you’re first starting out.
17. Take supplements. Even just a daily multivitamin will help your health improve.
18. Create a motivational sheet. Find pictures and quotes that inspire you, and set it as the background on your computer, or hang it on your wall.
19. Find your ideal weight. Just because you and your friend are the same height and she’s petite doesn’t mean that you should be too. It differs for everybody
20. Don’t eliminate your favorite foods. Treat yourself, but in moderation. You’ll also savor it much more than if you have it everyday.
21. Avoid buying too much junk food in bulk. If it’s sitting in your house, you’ll be more likely to snack on it when you’re hungry, as opposed to reaching for fruit and veggies.
22. Look at yourself in the mirror…naked. Fully understand what you’re working with, and take note of the days you can see a change.
23. Set weekly goals. Coming to the end of the week and having met 2 or 3 goals provides you with enough motivation to make it to the next week!
24. Drink water. When you’re hungry, drink a glass of water. Sometimes you really are hungry, but you’re sometimes just thirsty.
25. Eat slowly. It gives your brain more time to adjust to the activity, and you’ll be able to actually feel the signal that you’re full.
26. Cook with non-stick pans. This means you don’t need to use extra oil or butter.
27. Make menus and take them with you shopping. When you have a plan for what to eat, you’ll feel more organized and buy less random, usually fattier, foods.
28. Don’t grocery shop when you’re hungry. You’ll buy the foods you’re craving, rather than the foods your need.
29. Add apples to your diet. Full of fiber, they’ll help your digestive system. They also help curb your appetite.
30. Buy new clothes when your old ones don’t fit. If you don’t have the bigger clothes in your closet, you’ll be less inclined to eve go back to that size.
31. Have a salad for lunch. Save the extra calories for dinner, when you’ll probably want dessert!
32. Avoid eating out as much as you can. They usually don’t follow the serving size, so you’ll be eating way more calories than is necessary. Plus you’ll save money.
33. Do housework. You’re able to burn some extra calories AND be productive!
34. Limit your intake. Just have one scoop of ice cream. Two scoops won’t taste any better, it’ll just be extra calories.
35. Always put your food in a bowl or on a plate. When you eat out of the bag or the box, you’ll end up eating more because you can’t monitor your intake.
36. Chew sugar-free mint gum. Keeps your mouth occupied, and most foods will taste bad after the minty flavor.
37. Drink a glass of water before each meal. You’ll feel fuller and eat less.
38. Eat fresh fruit. And avoid juices. It tastes virtually the same, but has less additives!
39. Wean yourself off adding milk & sugar to your tea or coffee. Without the extras, they both have virtually no calories.
40. Use sweetener, not sugar. You won’t taste the difference, and it’ll have less calories!
41. Get it yourself. If you want something, get it yourself instead of asking someone else to grab it for you.
42. Get up during the commercials. You don’t like watching them anyway right? Grab some water, put some laundry away, anything!
43. Park as far away from your destination as time allows. The extra distance means extra calories burned!
44. Limit alcohol intake. If you chose to drink at all, just try one drink a day, preferably clear spirits and dry white wine.
45. Don’t slouch. Sit upright, tuck in your tummy, and retain good posture.
46. Run up the stairs. Even take them two at a time, anything but going slowly.
47. Incorporate exercise into your morning routine. Do calf raises while you brush your teeth, squats in the shower, any little thing that works your body a little more!
48. Bake or grill, but avoid frying. You need less additives for the first two, so it’ll be less calories.
49. Reward yourself. When you notice a change in the mirror on the scale, buy a new scarf or earrings, something to compliment your growing glow!
50. STAY POSITIVE.